Popular destinations in Italy

learn Italian

12 schools, 200 courses go

learn Italian

11 schools, 125 courses go

View all regions in Tuscany »
San Remo
Sestri Levante GE

Sestri Levante GE

1 school, 13 courses



1 school, 6 courses

View all regions in Italy »


What type of Italian course are you looking for?


General Italian courses

General Italian courses are for adults who want to improve their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in Italian. Most general Italian courses are for adults age 16 and up. 2 - 48 week courses available. Most courses average 30 classes per week.


Junior Italian courses

Junior Italian courses are for children ages 8 to 12 and teenagers ages 13 to 18 who want to study Italian. 4 - 8 week courses available in the summer from June to August.

Test preparation

Italian test preparation courses

Italian test preparation courses are for students who want to prepare for Italian proficiency tests to improve job prospects or gain admission into a university.


Business Italian courses

One-to-one business Italian lessons are for business executives and professionals who want to learn Italian as quickly as possible with customized lessons and a private Italian teacher.

Teacher training

Italian teacher training courses

Italian teacher training courses are for teachers interested in teaching Italian abroad. There is a tremendous demand for qualified Italian teachers worldwide with job opportunities in just about every country around the globe.


Professional Italian courses

Professional Italian courses are for professionals who want to study Italian in a specific area, such as business, medicine, law, aviation, and hospitality.

Study and work

Work and study Italian programs

Work-study programs are for adults who want to learn Italian and gain professional work experience at the same time.


Specialty Italian courses

Specialty Italian courses are for those who want to study Italian and take part in activities, such as sports, arts, food, and more.

Questions and answers

Have questions? Get answers from Language International staff, Language International student advisors, and past students.

"Unfortunately, the student find it very expensive to live in Salerno. So, she will only be able to study 2 times per week for the year. This, as far as I know, is not enough for obtaining a long-stay visa, correct?"

Dyan Test, student from USA
Rosa Maria Riccelli, Accademia Leonardo school representative
You are right, it is not enough to have Visa.
Was this helpful? Yes

"This student will need a visa, but is staying for a long time period. Is there any way you can make an exception for the payment so she can pay maybe one month or two upfront and then pay the rest in installments so that you can send out her visa supporting documents on time?"

Dyan Test, student from USA
Carlo Lipparini, Istituto Il David school representative
Since this student want to stay in Italy for more than 3 months, she need to obtain the study visa from the Italian embassy of her country. For the Italian law (not for us), the students that need to obtain the visa, they have to pay the whole amount of the course, otherwise the Italian embassy will not give them the visa.
Was this helpful? Yes

"What should the student do to apply for student visa?"

Ursula Boess, DILIT IH - Rome school representative
If the student needs to apply for a visa, he should contact the Italian Embassy to get a precise information on what is requested. Usually we sent a certificate of enrolment once we have received the full payment of the course.
Was this helpful? Yes

"The student claims that she does not have a home mailing address where you can send her visa documents. Can you send her documents to the DHL office in Tripoli, Libya?"

Ursula Boess, DILIT IH - Rome school representative
In this case, the best would be if she organized the pick-up with the DHL in Tripoli herself. She can pay the expenses and ask the DHL to pick up the documents at our address when we tell you that they are ready. Before sending the originals, we will send a scanned copy by email. I believe this is the safer solution. Please note that we need to have received the full payment to be able to send visa documents. The Embassy requests a certificate on which we state that the full fees have been paid.
Was this helpful? Yes